Now that we have discussed the top splurges at Disneyland, I thought it was only fitting to also discuss the same at the East Coast parks! Walt Disney World also has plenty of splurge worthy activities. Let’s dive right in!
- Signature dining – the dining options at Walt Disney World are SO amazing, especially at the resorts. You must splurge on at least one signature dining option while on your WDW vacation. You will not be disappointed. Some of my recommendations are California Grill, Ohana, and Le Cellier Steakhouse.
- Stay at a deluxe resort – You can’t go wrong with any WDW resort hotel but if you want to treat yourself definitely go for a deluxe! The deluxe resorts are closest to the parks and have great amenities. My personal favorites are the hotels on the monorail loop to Magic Kingdom and the hotels around the Boardwalk that give you easy walking access to the international gateway at Epcot.
- Dessert Party – there are many dessert parties you can purchase tickets to around Walt Disney Property. They generally include all you can eat desserts and non-alcoholic beverages, ending with a special viewing spot for a nighttime show. We recently did a dessert party at Magic Kingdom and it was a blast! Awesome food and a great fireworks view that was not over crowded. I definitely recommend this!
- Parties and Special Events – Whether it is an after hours event, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party I cannot recommend splurging on this enough! Not only are there fun nighttime shows and snacks but you get access to the parks with much lower crowds. This means you can get on those E-ticket attractions with low wait times and even walk on some of the other rides. It is such an amazing experience.
- Memory Maker – now, if you go to Disney World all the time, this may not be worth it for you. But if you and your family only come every once in awhile, or are going on a once in a lifetime trip Memory Maker is definitely worth it. Memory Maker is a photo pass option you buy that gives you the downloads of all of the pictures the PhotoPass photographers take during your trip. You only need one for your entire party and it works for everyone, so even if you split up those photos will link to the account. It can really help you create memories and eliminate the need to carry around a bulky camera.
- Tours – Disney World has a variety of tours at different price ranges throughout the parks. This can be a great way to see sides of the park you haven’t seen before and get special access to areas you otherwise wouldn’t. Definitely worth splurging on!
These are the top 6 splurge worthy activities I recommend at Walt Disney World. What do you think? Do you agree? Let me know in the comments!