As we have talked about before any Disney park is expensive. But, while there are plenty of ways to save money, there are also things you should definitely splurge on while at the parks. Let’s take a look at the top 6 splurges at Disneyland. I know 6 seems random but picking 5 was hard!
- Stay on property – Disneyland is very different from Disney World. It is smack in the middle of Anaheim so it is much smaller. They only have 3 on site hotels and if you can swing it, it is definitely something you should splurge on. It really is like being in a Disney bubble. Everything is within a 5-10 minute walk. The Grand Californian even has its own entrance to Disney’s California Adventure Park. Staying on property is really one of the best experiences possible. Never having to get into your car, having the resorts, parks, and Downtown Disney at your fingertips. It is one of my favorite things!
- Buy a Park Hopper Pass – Disneyland Park Hopper pass absolutely worth it. With the parks being so close together (only a few steps!) it is so easy to go back and forth during the day. It gives you so much freedom throughout your stay I would definitely recommend it.
- MaxPass – for $15 per day per person you can use MaxPass through the Disneyland app, which allows you to make your FastPass selections on your phone instead of the ride kiosks. It also includes all of the PhotoPass downloads which is worth the splurge in itself!
- Book a preferred dining package – Select restaurants offer dining packages where you book through the restaurant and at the end of your meal you get passes for special viewing areas for one of the night-time shows. This is definitely worth the splurge! You get a great meal and you don’t have to show up an hour early to get great seats for the show.
- Parties – Disneyland has so many fun exclusive events that you can pay extra to attend. Parties like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are great examples. They are so much fun and it is a great way to get into the parks with fewer people. Totally worth the extra cost!
- Book a VIP tour – okay, this one is a BIG splurge. I have never done it myself but have heard it is a great experience. You get a private tour guide that escorts you around the park and gets you VIP access to attractions. If you have the money I say do it!
What do you think about my list? Did I miss any of your favorite splurges? Let me know if the comments!