Hello ladies and gents! For this post I have decided that just for fun I am going to rank the hotel options in both Disneyland and Walt Disneyworld in order of my top favorites to least favorites; because why not? I am going to break it out by park and hotel tier. I have not visited every hotel on the list and I will make that known in my comments. This is based purely on my opinions and preferences. I would love to hear your thoughts on these hotels as well!
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – This is one of my favorite hotels of all time. I had the pleasure of staying here for the first time in October of 2018 and it was amazing. The theming is absolutely beautiful and it has an actual entrance right into California Adventure Park, a perk that in my opinion can’t be beat.
- Disneyland Hotel – This is another hotel that I absolutely LOVE. The theming is amazing and it has a great pool with Trader Sam’s, which is one of my favorite pass times. The only reason The Grand beats this one out for me is the proximity to the parks. You can’t go wrong with either of these hotels.
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel – This is one of the hotels I have not visited before. It is last on my list purely for the fact that the theming is not my personal preference and it seems like more of a family hotel, and without having kids it isn’t my first choice.
Walt Disney World Hotels
Deluxe Villas – *I have never stayed in a villa so this is going to be a list of where I would like to stay from most to least.
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows – I have not stayed at the Polynesian in any way but I have visited and am absolutely obsessed! I love the theming so so SO much and the food options are also great. Not to mention being on the monorail loop is a dream. This is my number one must of any Disney resort right now.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village and Jambo House – I am combining these because they are on the same resort property. I am actually going to be staying here in January 2020 and am SO beyond excited for this. Waking up to the Animals on the safari sounds so perfect. The food at Animal Kingdom Lodge does not compare to anything else in my opinion and it is just such a fun atmosphere.
- Wilderness Lodge Villas Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge – again combining these ones. I am staying at Boulder Ridge this May of 2019 and am really excited. The wilderness theming is gorgeous and I have never stayed at a Magic Kingdom resort area hotel before. I am especially excited to check out Geyser Point Bar & Grill after a long day at the parks.
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas – I have stayed at the Beach Club Resort before and it was great so I imagine the villas are just as awesome. Walking distance to Epcot and Stormalong Bay, enough said!
- Disney’s Riviera Resort – This is brand new and purely for that reason I want to check it out.
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – The contemporary does not have my favorite theming of the resort areas but give me a theme park view and I am sold.
- Disney’s Boardwalk Villas – The Boardwalk pool freaks me out but it is on the boardwalk and walking distance to Epcot so that bumps it up on the list.
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort – I have not even visited this resort but the theming is just not my preference.
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa – I am originally from Upstate New York very close to the real Saratoga Springs. That being said I don’t feel like I need to stay at a resort themed towards a place that a visit multiple times a year.
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – this is just not my scene at all. I find it stuffy and unappealing. It is beautiful and in a great location but it is just not for me.
Deluxe Resorts – This is going to be similar to the villas so I am sorry if it’s repetitive!
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – As I said before this resort is m obsession and I will stay here some day!!
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – I am moving this up on the deluxe resort list because location is super important to me here and I do absolutely love this hotel.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – I am so excited to stay on this property but I am nervous about its location. It is pretty far out of the way.
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Great theme, great location, need I say more?
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – I would try this but again only for a theme park view. The monorail going through the building is definitely a plus though!
- Disney’s Yacht Club – I would always pick the Beach Club over the Yacht Club because it seems more like a business hotel but I would definitely give it a try.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn – I have not stayed here but have been in the rooms. I also think it feel stuffy and again, creepy pool!
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Hotel & Spa – Trying not to sound too repetitive here, it’s just not my thing.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – This was the very first Disney Hotel I have ever stayed in and I have probably stayed there more than any other. It will forever hold a special place in my heart. I am excited to go stay there in October after the renovations are done. I love this type of theming and it was always my favorite pool bar. I am really excited to try their new sit down restaurant Sebastian’s Bistro as well!
- Disney’s Port Orleans – Riverside – I love this resort area. I think it is beautiful and offers unique room. It is nice getting there and finding out which side of the resort you will be staying in and the food court is one of my favorites on property.
- The Cabins at Disney’s For Wilderness Resort – I have not stayed here or even seen them, but staying in a cabin at Disney? Yes please!
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – I am staying here in the fall and am extremely excited to try it out. It seems like a fun theme and the food and pool look great.
- Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter – I know this is going to get me some hate because people LOVE this resort but I have visited and I wasn’t impressed. I think it just isn’t for me, I much prefer Riverside.
- Disney’s Art of Animation – I have stayed here before and it is such a cute resort area! I love the characters and the pools and it also has a really great food court.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort – I haven’t been but it seems like a cool resort to visit, especially with the refurbs being done.
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – How can you not love a Disney movie themed hotel? The All Stars are last on my list only because they tend to be the most crowded with families and school groups and I prefer to avoid that.
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort – This is the same thing, it seems cute but I most likely wouldn’t stay there.
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort – Honestly, I don’t like sports and have no interest in this hotel.
These are my opinions on hotel rankings at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. What do you think? Are there any that I ranked lower but you love? Tell me why you love it in the comments!