Most people have an opinion on whether staying on Disney property is worth it or not. For me, I absolutely believe it is a necessity. There are so many perks that come along with staying at a Disney resort, not to mention the theming and immersion can’t be beat. With that being said lets take a look at the perks of staying on Disney property.
- Disney’s Magical Express Bus – If you are a guest of Walt Disney World property you can get free transportation to and from the airport right to your hotel. This eliminates the need to rent a car and can save you a decent amount of money.
- Disney Transportation – WDW has a multitude of free transportation options throughout the resort area to get you anywhere you need to be. You never had to worry about driving yourself around on property if you don’t want to. You can take buses, boats, monorails, and soon even sky gondolas.
- Extra Magic Hours – resort guests get the perk of extra magic hours in the park. This is when a park will either open early or close late just for resort guests. This lowers park crowds and gives you the chance to ride popular attractions with lower wait times.
- Free parking at the parks – if you do decide to rent your own car, or you drive to Disney, parking at the theme parks is free for resort guests. Non-resort guests (besides annual pass holders) must pay $25 per day to park at the theme parks. If you are staying for a week this can save you $175! That can get you a lot of Mickey bars. *Note: there is a parking fee at hotels*
- On the other side of this, at Disneyland everything is walking distance! That means if you stay on Disney property you never even have to get in a car or vehicle, which can be a huge perk for some.
- Price ranges for every budget – While Disney has a reputation for being expensive, they do a great job of having hotels that everyone can afford. Walt Disney World has 30+ hotels within three different tiers – value, moderate, and deluxe. You can find hotels from $85/night all the way up to $1000+/night and anything in between.
- FastPass+ Window – resort guests are able to book fast passes 60 days in advance which is a full 30 days before non-resort guests.
- Immersive resort theming – The hotels at Disney are some of the best themed resorts you can find. There are choices for everyone’s taste. It really adds to the overall vacation experience.
- Overall convenience – never having to leave the resort area is a huge convenience factor. I can’t think of anything worse than having to drive to and from property everyday and leave the magic behind.
I am a huge fan of staying on property. I love trying out all of the different hotels and seeing what ones I like best. What are your thoughts on staying on Disney property? Do you have a favorite resort? Let me know in the comments!