Park hopper passes…one of the great Disney debates. Are they worth it? Let’s chat about it! There is no black and white answer here. It is really dependent on what you want to get out of your trip. Personally, we always add the park hopper to our tickets because we like having the flexibility of spending the day at Animal Kingdom and hopping over to Epcot for a drink at the end of the day, but I can also see why it doesn’t work for everyone. That being said here are some of my thoughts on pros and cons of adding the park hopper option.
Pros of the park hopper
- Flexibility – this is the biggest pro of getting a park hopper. Knowing that you have the option of doing multiple things within a day if you want to.
- Spending the day in one park and having dinner reservations in another
- If you plan a day in one park but it turns out to be really crowded that day you can change your mind and hop over to one of the less crowded parks
- Spending the day at a park with early extra magic hours and being able to hop to a park with late night hours and really get the most out of your time
- Being able to get the most out of your money and explore more of the parks each day of your trip
Cons of the park hopper
- Cost – it does cost a bit more per day per person to add this option, and for a family that can really add to the bill of an already pricey trip
- It can make people feel pressure to use the park hopper which can end up being exhausting
- There is so much to do in each park it is easy not to hop and only spend time in one park each day
- Getting from park to park can take a significant amount of time depending on the transportation you are taking
These are what I believe to bethe pros and cons of adding the park hopper option. As I mentioned, we love getting the park hopper as a younger married couple with no kids, who like to pack a lot into our days at the parks. What do you think? Are you pro park hopper? Let me know in the comments!